Monday, January 03, 2011

School for K tomorrow

K starts back at school tomorrow. I've made arrangements to meet my friend for lunch. I haven't had lunch with her in about two months (or maybe more), I think. If I don't forget, I'll bring her Christmas present. We had hoped to get together during the holidays, but that didn't work out.

We got warm over the weekend (perhaps near 60 °F), but that's over. Mr. K says we might get snow again Friday. I'm so tired of winter. I couldn't stand the heat of summer, either. I'm just too picky. I tried to go fishing Saturday, but nothing was biting.

This weekend I made a recipe called baked oatmeal. It was oatmeal, an egg, milk, nuts, brown sugar, raisins, and baking powder. I thought it was pretty good considering it is oatmeal. It pretty much tastes like cooked oatmeal, but I can cut it into loose squares. I've got one serving left in the refrigerator. All one needs to do is microwave it, and it is ready to eat. I've had to eat the whole thing myself because I am the only one in the house who eats oatmeal as a breakfast food.

The Avon lady dropped of a catalog for me today. K is waiting for a perfume called Mirada to be sold individually instead of in a set. We both love to sniff the rub-and-sniff samples, and we pretty much like the same fragrances. Mirada is still only being sold in a set for $30, which is more than I care to spend on something I won't use much.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm going to give this a try. I found a recipe online :-)

Hope you had a nice lunch with your friend.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I had a very nice lunch at Toro Loco with my friend. I hope you liked your oatmeal. I plan to make it again soon even though I am the only one in the house who eats oatmeal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home