It's Friday
I first caught the stories out of Japan when I got out of bed and tried to put the TV on to cartoons for K while I showered. The TV was on a network channel, and I watched the earthquake pictures with near disbelief. I made a point of catching the news this evening. It was, of course, very depressing.
K knows about it because she was in the room when I was watching the pictures this morning. I asked her after school if the earthquake was discussed at school. She said it wasn't. Mr. K has had her say a prayer for the people in Japan. N and J said their schools were discussing it.
*****
N is on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend. He's on his own with his troop. None of us are there. J is going to sell Girl Scout cookies in front of a store tomorrow. Unfortunately, Mr. K has to work. I'll have to bring K with us, too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home