Saturday, May 19, 2012

Life Seldom Slows

I've turned over a bunch of dirt with a shovel (over a period of days), and yesterday I used my Mantis tiller on it to break it up.  If I hadn't needed to stop for breaks because the tiller exhausts me (I'm such a wimp), it probably would have been done in five to eight minutes.  Instead I spent fifteen to twenty minutes.  Then I planted soybeans for edamame. 

N had a class trip to Busch Gardens yesterday and I had to drive him to school and pick him up in the evening.  The bus was late returning so I had to wait an extra 35 minutes for his return.  The trip was with his science class so they could learn about the physics of rides.

Today N is spending the night at the high school for a cancer fundraiser called "Relay for Life."  He's volunteered my good tent for him and his friends.  Mr. K is taking him just before noon because I have to take J to the Girl Scout camp with horses since her troop is doing riding there today and next Saturday.  Mr. K is keeping K since I'll just have to wait at the camp for J to finish, and that will be about 2.5 hours of nothing to do.  I'll probably bring my laptop with a Nancy Drew game installed, my DVD player with a Stargate Atlantis disk in it, and my nutrition textbook so I can try to get ahead on the reading.

We've been getting lots of mulberries this year.  They are ripening so fast we are actually beating the birds to a lot of them.  The kids are going around with purple hands and faces (especially K who is very messy).

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I've never had a mulberry. Jon's parents have a tree in Maine, but every year the birds got the berries before they were ripe. I wonder if I could find one around here somewhere.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Angela said...

They are probably around somewhere. I know there was a large tree in front of the post office in Lansing, Michigan when I left there fifteen years ago.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Here's an article from last year about mulberries in Knoxville:]

http://www.metropulse.com/news/2011/jun/08/knoxville-mulberry-place/

I assume there's only one Knoxville.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home