Tuesday, June 26, 2012

K's Rough Week

N and J are at camp this week.  It is leaving K very lonely.  I hadn't planned to take K to the swim meet this evening, but the coach reamed me out and said K needed to go (and wanted to go) so there she is just before her first and only race--freestyle.  She can now go farther towards the other side of the pool without needing to hang on to the lane lines for a quick break.

She had a friend over to play with her yesterday.  Mr. K set up his tent in the family room Sunday so she could play that she was camping, too.  I had her write a letter to J yesterday.  We got one from J today.  J mentions she got stung by a wasp the day she arrived.

Mr. K dug potatoes this evening.  K and I sorted them by size and by condition (some were skewered with the turning fork during harvest) on towels.  I'll have to cook the wounded one's as soon as possible.  A few were quite large.  We grew Yukon Gold potatoes.  The wounded ones were already removed when I took this picture.  Unfortunately, there were quite a few.

K has a job this week.  She is watering the neighbor's plants and new landscaping while she's in Japan for just over a week.  N and J would have had the job, but they are at camp.  I help her figure out what to water each night and make sure she does it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home