Washington, D.C. Again
The girls and I took a charter bus to Washington, D.C., yesterday with their Girl Scout troop and other troops in our service unit. There was a big celebration at the mall there in honor of the 100th birthday of Girl Scouts. It was a big sing-along. It was very hot and we went through a lot of water. The girls traded pins with out city and state on them that they made with girls from other troops who did the same. We met girls from Indiana, Connecticut, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, and New Jersey.
For us it was just a short, two-hour bus ride to get there. I guess we are lucky we live so close to Washington.
We did see one Smithsonian while we were there. It was the air and space one. I found it boring. J loved it. K was bored, too. At least it had air conditioning and flush toilets.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home