Saturday, June 16, 2012



This is a white-breasted nuthatch.  It's a pretty small bird.  I got this close because he ran into my sliding glass door and stunned himself.  The girls and I watched him until he flew off.  I got some pitures, and this one came out the best.

School ended yesterday for the kids.  We had our first swim meet.  I was a mite/mini-mite mom for the first half of the meet.  I helped get the smallest kids where they needed to be in order to compete.  Since I don't know most of their names, it was very confusing.

I got chiggers.  My ankles are itching incredibly.  I'm not sure where I got them, but I suspect it was from a creek in the woods I got near on Thursday evening when we were at J and K's school picnic (not a pot luck but a bring-your-own dinner).

N got a baby molar pulled yesterday after school.  He screamed and screamed and for a while, I was afraid the dentist would call off the whole thing.  She finally got the tooth out.  N did not go to his first swim meet because he was recovering.

I have my first test in nutrition on Wednesday.  I hope it goes well.  It is multiple choice, which will help make it easier probably.

A baby rabbit is eating my soybean plants as they come up.  Mr. K has fenced them off now, and we are hopingthe bunny can't get through.

4 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look up chiggers, we don't have them here :-)

Ouch for N, didn't they numb the area first?

Good luck in your test. I'm sure you'll do well.

Brilly

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Angela said...

They numbed the area first for N.

Thanks.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So N's screaming was more from fear than pain? :-)

Brilly

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Yes, I believe it was. He really worked himself into a state. The dentist told me she'd given him more novocaine than she would an adult so there was no way he was feeling anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home