Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Five Pound Bag of Sugar






I was making refrigerator sugar cookie dough this evening, and I found a five-pound bag of sugar in the cupboards.  I snapped its picture because these are becoming a thing of the past.  Lately what I'm finding at the supermarket, at about the same price as a five-pound bag of sugar, is a four-pound bag of sugar.  It's shrinkage.  I've noticed this with other things, too, such as canned tuna.  I guess someone didn't want to raise the nominal price but to maintain profit, had to put less in the package and hoped no one would notice.

I worked at the office a little this morning, and I took the monthly report to the office.  I had to take it to the post office to overnight it, and I dreaded the trip during the Christmas season.  When I got there just before 1 p.m., I noticed the parking lot was nearly empty.  I went in, and there were no customers waiting for service.  I got my business done, and turned around to leave.  There were six people in line and as I left, I noticed four people in line waiting for the automated machine.  I just got really lucky with my arrival time.

I'm taking K to Girl Scouts in a few minutes.  She still likes to go.  It will be one of the few times I'm going to a meeting without bringing things to study with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home