Sunday, August 19, 2012

Out of the Closet

I got a stunner in the mail yesterday.  It was an invitation to one of Mr. K's brother's (Mr. R's) civil union.  It hit me with disbelief.  I didn't know Mr. R was gay.  (A while back I asked him if he was thinking of marrying any nice lady since no one keeps us up to date on what the family is doing.  I told him I had to ask since I'd sent a Christmas card to another of their brothers and his wife only to find out by e-mail that they'd been divorced since October.  Anyway, he assured me there was no such lady he was thinking of marrying.)  I also didn't know he was even engaged.  Usually Mr. K's family calls and tells us (or at least e-mail us) when they get engaged, when they are pregnant, and when a baby is born.  We got an e-mail when the first divorce of Mr. K's brothers occurred, so I took the lady off my Christmas list and informed the kids they no longer had the aunt.

We won't be attending the ceremony, although it was kind of Mr. R to invite us.  It's in Chicago next month.  We haven't gone to the past three weddings in the family.  Two of them have ended in divorce already.  I need to find out the details for my Christmas list such as their address and whose last name they'll use.  Maybe it will be their own.  I also might as well ask Mr. K's big sister (Mrs. S) if the other unmarried/never married brother is also gay so I quit waiting for him to marry some nice lady and I won't be so shocked if I get another civil union invitation.  (It was my first.)

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I bet that was surprising! I often feel out of the loop with Jon's family as well.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

I suppose it was just lucky he didn't invite you to his sentencing!!!!

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why he never mentioned that he was gay when you asked him if there were any ladies in his life.... perfect opportunity.

I haven't been to one yet. the gay people I know just live together.

Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home