Float Night
The kids and I went to the pool this evening. Fridays are Float Night. One can bring noodles and air-filled flotation devices to the pool. Lots of kids come. J got to swim, too, since her cast came off yesterday afternoon. I took her to the pool yesterday evening to celebrate, but it started thundering after about fifteen minutes so the pool closed.
We are babysitting hamsters for friends of ours, and one hamster's wheel was squeaking this evening, waking the girls. J woke me up around 1:30 a.m. to get me to help her take the hamster cage to the basement so she wouldn't have to listen to it. Now I can't sleep. I hate being awakened from when I first fall asleep until about 3 a.m. I am hard to awaken, and then I just can't fall back asleep.
We are starting to get tomatoes in the garden now. I have a pile on the counter that I'll turn into salad or something tomorrow. My blueberry crop is almost done. I'll pick some tomorrow, but it won't be much. The fig crop is just beginning.
I think classes begin in two weeks. It's been nice having this slow week. I did my school supply shopping for the kids this past week, and I am trying to get my medical stuff (negative TB test) accepted at a tracking web site my school uses. There are other things I'll need to get done, too, but things are pretty relaxed compared to when I am taking classes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home