Sunday, March 10, 2013

Valentine Flowers

These are flowers Mr. K got me for Valentines.  He got some flowers at the supermarket and then he supplemented with some flowers from around our yard (lenten rose and oregon grape), some nandina berries from our yard, and some dogwood twigs from our yard.  I just got the pictures off the camera today, so that is why the picture is here now.  I was very surprised to get flowers since I did not specifically ask for them.  I am glad Mr. K did it so cheaply because I am the one who writes the check to pay the credit card bills.

It is nearly a month later and the lenten roses are still alive, the nandina berries just started looking dessicated, the purple thing that came from the store and was rather dry to begin with is fine, and the dogwood twigs are leafing out now.  The roses died first and had to be dumped.

I am also able to pick daffodils from my yard now so I have a vase of them in my kitchen.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Aww, that was so thoughtful of him! Very pretty flowers, too!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home