Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Done, but not really

I took the NCLEX on July 27 and was sure I hadn't passed, but I did.  I went on vacation to Michigan two days after the test, and did not find out until the next Saturday when I spoke to Mr. K on the phone that my nursing license had arrived.  So, legally I am now a nurse.  I'm touching up my resume.  Yesterday I took a CPR class so I can have the certification listed on my resume.  I think it's pretty much required for anyone in the healthcare field.  My previous certification had expired in June. 

I would like to start work within a couple weeks of the kids going back to school last month, but I need to find a job first, so I am really not done.  I'll be applying at the local hospitals in the next week or two.  Once I find a job and become comfortable with it, I need to begin taking classes again so that I can get a BS in nursing.  All I have is an associate's degree in nursing now.  I am not really done, but it is a good beginning.

I am extremely uncomfortable with the data collection going on, and that has been one of the reasons I do not post much any more.   The other is that I had been so busy.  I have a little time for a little while so I may try to catch up.

Vacation was exhausting, but it was good to see family.  I took the kids by myself.  K melted down in the car frequently.  N and J were good.  J was my navigator, and she was able to determine from the maps how far it was to the next rest area, which was a very important piece of information.  I do not have a GPS.  I hope this is a skill she will remember throughout life and won't become entirely dependent on a GPS.

I brought souvenirs back for a couple of my friends.  I got them a box of Betty Crocker cherry chip cake mix, which is not sold around here, and a bag of sugar made in Michigan from sugar beets.  Around here all you can get is cane sugar.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

So glad to hear from you! Congratulations on your nursing degree!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home