Summer
It's summer. I planted way too many zucchini plants. I have two bags of zucchini in the refrigerator and one on the counter. It's just three days worth of zucchini. I'm getting about five a day right now. I've been picking them before they get too large, hoping that will make them easier to find homes.
I've made zucchini brownies. I've shredded zucchini and frozen it. I've steamed it and sauted it. I guess I should try stuffed zucchini or maybe a zucchini cake. I even found a recipe for mock apple pie that uses zucchini.
I've given zucchini to my neighbors, my friend D, and I've taken it to the office.
I can't even have zucchini for dinner every night because I need to use my fresh green beans and Swiss Chard before I have too much of those.
I've got an excess of tomatoes, too, but I read that I could freeze them on a tray and then pop them back into the freezer in a zip-lock bag. I think they'll be fine in stews this winter. Plus it's much easier pushing off tomatoes than zucchinis.
I love summer. It's much nicer to have too many fresh vegetables than too few.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home