Friday, April 01, 2005

Last workday of spring break

It's the last workday of spring break. I was going to take the kids to the shoe store, but I changed my mind because a) J seemed to tired, and b) Everyone will be their with his kids getting new shoes since school is still closed today.

We went next door to the vacant house this afternoon and took the toy metal detector. We found a couple dozen nails. The owner is happy to have us get the nails out of there, and N and J love to go "treasure hunting."

K was home a bit during the day yesterday so I took stuff to the post office while he watched the kids. The stuff included the last of Karen's birthday present. She should get everything by her birthday.

N is sifting Brenna's cat box. He's going to be getting an allowance for taking care of that unpleasant task for me. He'd been asking to do it anyway, and I thought it would only be fair to pay him.

We're having frozen pizza for dinner. I'm not especially fond of it, but it's easy and J loves it. Yesterday we had bacon and pancakes for dinner. I'm not especially fond of that, either, but both N and J love it.

Two days ago I talked to the owner of the vacant house next to mine, and I asked her when she thought she'd be moving in. Now she's thinking late July or early August. It's taking her a long, long time to get the house fixed enough to live in it.

I think I'll try to reach my friend Debbie on the phone. I think her parents will be moving out of their house this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home