A bath and to bed early
That's my goal for tonight if I can manage it. I'll try to get a bath as soon as my kids go to bed at 9 p.m.
One of my friends from playgroup's son just turned five, and he had a party this afternoon. Both my kids were invited. It was fun to see. Mostly I just sat by myself and watched from a distance. I didn't want the kids to be to clingy, but if they began to fight, I was going to take them home. There were fun games like throw old eggs at pictures attached to the privacy fence (cool game), and throw water balloons on pinecones (my son's exploded in his hands). Also they waved a "magic wand," said magic words, and then dumped baking soda into a bowl of vinegar. Of course, the party also had the traditional cake and ice-cream and the opening of presents. I took note of the fact that the ice-cream was in individual frozen cups. That's something I'll do if my kids ever force me to have a party.
Anyway, being around all that commotion has left me tired. After the party, we had to go to Kroger. I would have preferred a nap, but I pretty much gave them up when I had my son.
I just realized my daughter (3) has had the water running in the bathroom for a long time. I think I need to go grab a towel and see what she's done.

1 Comments:
She was filling her water "pens" and "stamppad." She has a special cloth that is white until it gets wet. Then it turns blue. Unfortunately J soaked the bathroom counter and floor. Sometimes I swear that's the only way the floor gets mopped.
Post a Comment
<< Home