Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

It's my cat's ninth birthday today, or at least when we celebrate her birthday. I got her at the SPCA over eight years ago. She had been a stray, so her real birthday was unknow. Based upon the SPCAs best guess at her age, I picked Halloween for her birthday. It could have been.

Brenna got a can of Fancy Feast (some dead, rotted seafood flavor) for her present. She knows she had special food, but she has no idea why. We do this every year on her birthday and also on her adoption day.

She's been treated with Advantage, too, and I hope her fleas will soon be gone. I looked over N's head this morning, and I couldn't find anything but clean hair. I still have three more rounds of wet-combing with conditioner, but I'm hopeful that the lice are gone. He hasn't been itching his head much, too.

J wore herself out with excitement over Halloween this afternoon and fell asleep. I didn't realize she was asleep at first because I had been hearing a lot of coughing. She's got a cold like N and I.

I don't like the way the time change is making it dark so early, but it was nice to get to sleep in this morning. The kids didn't, though, and I could hear them talking about Halloween for a while before I got up.

This year we are going to put glow sticks in our pumpkins instead of candles. Then we don't have to worry about fire, and we can go away and leave our pumpkins glowing while we are out trick-or-treating.

Well, my timer is going off. I need to go wait for N's bus.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

We're still playing tag with that hour :-) We've just gone onto daylight savings and it's great to have that extra light of an evening (especially now because it's not too hot) we can hang out outside. The downside is that the kids don't want to settle down because they've been swimming and playing outside, I can't win.

Happy birthday to Brenna. What a lucky cat. One of our dogs is a 'rescue dog' so we made up a birthday for him too.

The glow sticks in the pumpkin is a brilliant idea. It would help keep them drier as well as cut out the risk of fire. I'll try it next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home