Stupid lice
This morning I tried to wet and comb out any eggs or little lice from N's hair. For better light, I put him on the floor near our back sliding glass door. He played with my water spray bottle and must have got his hands wet. I was combing his hair and not finding much of anything, when all of a sudden each combing was full of junk. It looked like sand, though. What I discovered was that his wet hands touched the dirty floor near the door, picked up sand, and then he'd itch his hair and filled it with sand. I called the school and told them we'd be very late since I had to shampoo his hair again.
I washed his hair again, louse-combed it again, and then I blow-dried it since his health clinic person would be looking at his hair dry, and I think a lot more stuff shows up when the hair is dry. Then I vacuumed by the door, and put a blanket down. We sat down with the combs, tweezers and paper towels, and I began picking through his hair looking for eggs. I found a lot. I picked until I found nothing. The comb doesn't remove all the eggs, I discovered. One has to look and get them with tweezer or finger nails, and once in a while I just gave up and pulled the hair. Anyway, I took him to school once I could find no more eggs, and the health person found seven more eggs. She removed them but let him stay. I told her if he went back home with me, I wouldn't be returning him until Monday because we have more insecticidal treatment planned for tonight, and he'll begin the "wet combing" (with creme rinse) tomorrow morning. I guess for a while I'll need to sit with him each morning wherever I can get the best light and manually search for and pick out any eggs along with his regular combing since the combs miss a lot.
N's class just got a bunny that roams free in the classroom I got to see it briefly when I took him to class. It's really cute and uses a litter box. It was eating a carrot when we arrived. I'm amazed that no one has any allergies that would prevent a rabbit in the classroom.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home