Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Cold rain

It is cold and rainy today. The last couple nights I've dreamed of snow and freezing rain. I only dream of snow or freezing rain when I am too cold at night. I am too cheap to turn my heat pump up. I'd rather be colder and have lower electric bills.

My daughter dressed herself this morning. She came into the bathrooom to show me while I was showering. She had selected short sleeves and shorts. I had a very hard time convincing her she needed to wear something warmer. I think I need to take all her shorts away until next season, only around here, we could easily get some 80 degree days even as late as December.

My son wore a jacket for the first time today. At first he insisted he'd be warm enough with just an umbrella out in the rain waiting for the bus. It didn't take him long out in the rain, and he agreed to wear a warm jacket.

I went to the bookstore after dropping off my daughter at preschool. I needed to find a book for the nephew we'll be getting in January. K's sisters are planning a baby shower, and they wanted people to give a children's book instead of a card. I don't much like books for small children, but I tried to find Old Hat New Hat. It wasn't there. I ended up getting Brown Bear. I would have preferred to give a Harry Potter book, but it will be years before their son will care for it. My son still isn't interested, and he's five.

I would have stopped at the used children's clothes store to try to find more pants for J, but I had to use the bathroom. I may go out later this morning and look at that store and perhaps the thrift store for more clothing for her and N. Right now N has three pairs of jeans and one pair of sweats that fit him well enough to go out in public. I have to do laundry all the time to keep him in clean clothes.

It's Lunch Bunch day at J's preschool today so I won't pick her up until 2 p.m. instead of at 12:30 p.m. I might start sorting through old baby clothes in the attic. I need three piles (or sets of boxes). One I keep no matter what the baby will be, one I get rid of if it's a boy, and one I get rid of if it's a girl. I imagine I'll have the most stuff to go if it's a boy. I don't have a lot of stuff I wouldn't put on a girl even though they were originally for my son. With J, the problem is she starts crying if she has to wear what she thinks are "boy clothes." She bursts out in tears every time I try to get her to wear a pair of lovely, warm camouflage pajamas that I got for N years ago. I'd wear them if they fit me. On the other hand, she wears a lot more pink, lavendar, and flowers than I do.

I'm still wearing regular jeans. I'm testing the limits of Size 10 jeans at the waist. Soon I'll be forced into the maternity clothing up in my attic. I can still easily hide my pregnancy from those who don't know. Those who do still have to squint and use their imaginations.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Amber said...

We had a cold, yucky day too, but no rain. Got that yesterday. LOL

Your daughter sounds a LOT like Arielle! She doesn't even like regular jeans! She likes pretty stuff. Well, She'd better get used to it! As for you, take care of yourself, and don't squish yourself into clothes once they're TOO tight. You wanna be comfy as long as possible. (Yes, I know you've been pregnant before, but if you're like me, you need someone to tell you these things. LOL) Take care of yourself!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Amber,

What is it with little girls and pretty clothing? I seldom had any because I had a younger brother. Anything purchased for me had to be able to be passed on to him.

While my pants are getting too tight at the belly, they are getting much looser in the thighs and butt. I hate maternity pants because I don't get pockets to keep my keys in. I recently ordered a lanyard thing so if I had to I could wear them around my neck. Otherwise, I can find them much easier in my purse once I have to give up my regular jeans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home