Still raining
We still have rainy weather, but we sure aren't flooding. We got over three inches from the remains of Tropical Storm Tammy. It came slowly so it soaked right into our parched ground.
Saturday I was very sick (pregnancy). I couldn't even keep down my anti-nausea medicine. I called my doctor yesterday and got some more in a different form. Let's just say you can't throw it up in this form, and it goes where the sun doesn't shine. I've taken it in that form before, but it burns horribly so I much prefer the pills. I'll only use it when I'm certain I can't keep a pill down. If I had any on Saturday, I'd have used it.
My kids are at school. J has "Lunch Bunch" today and will be in school until 2 p.m. so I am meeting my friend from back in the days when I had a career. We'll have lunch together at Applebees.
Meanwhile, I started prepping my window frame in my living room to paint it. I took down the curtains. They were white, but they are dirty and covered in black cat fur. Fortunately they are machine washable. I rinsed the frame, but it needs to dry before I put up any masking tape. I also need to fill some holes in the wood. I guess I should also rinse off the front door's frame and the upstairs door's frame so I can mask them, too. Hopefully I can get everything set so I can paint the tomorrow if I can find the time. I may have to do it with my daughter around because her preschool is having a coffee in the morning for parents that I will probably attend. I'm planning to give a ride to the mom of the girl we're car pooling with since it's my week to drive. If I do that, I won't be able to duck out early.

5 Comments:
Haven't been able to read your blog for a few weeks but so glad to see everything seems to be going well (other than the nausea that is) Those tablets don't sound to fun!
Thanks for your well wishes with the pills. Once upon a time, I was an environmental engineer.
OK I'll bite..... what is an environmental engineer? It sounds impressive :-)
Environmental engineers do all sorts of things from designing clean-up plans for contaminated land and water to designing industrial wastewater treatment systems.
I held two different jobs as an environmental engineer. First I worked for a state environmental agency reviewing permits for hazardous waste treaters, storers, and disposers to assure that their operations complied with environmental law.
In my second job as an environmental engineer, I was the plant environmental engineer at an industrial plant. A lot of my job consisted of making sure the plant complied with its environmental permits, applying for new permits as the plant's operations changed, and doing the environmental reporting required by law.
My education wasn't in the environmental field, though. It's just where I ended up. My B.S. is in chemical engineering.
Since I quit my job almost five years ago, my use of mathematics is pretty much limited to scaling recipes up or down.
Sometimes I miss my job. Usually I'm glad to have the time with my kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home