It's raining!
We are getting significant rain today. My husband checked the rain gauge earlier this evening and we were at 1 1/2 inches. We certainly need it. Some of my plants will be okay. I think a few things are dead forever.
My kids are in their beds, but they are talking up a storm. Later this year we hope to move my son upstairs to a room of his own. First we need to get the junk out of the room, paint it, and get heating and cooling in the room. J will live with the baby in her room. When the baby gets older, whatever we have two of will share the downstairs room and whatever we have one of will get the upstairs room. Perhaps someday we will get an addition upstairs that will create one more bedroom. That would be ideal.
This weekend will be busy. K's office person is still out of time and I'll be trying to get the work done in the new software I don't understand, and I'll be trying to put together the monthly package for his corporate office. Meanwhile, K won't be home much because he'll need to spend most of his time at the rental, working on fixing up the unrented unit. I'm not sure how I'll get the work done without his being home to watch the kids. The new software makes me yell a lot, and that's not even with the kids bothering me.
I took J to the mall this morning to try to get her some jeans that fit. She's got longer legs and is skinnier than her brother at a similar age so a lot of his old pants just don't fit. Also, she refuses to wear sweatpants because she says (correctly in my opinion) that they are ugly. Anyway, we found only one pair that fit her almost perfectly. Unfortunately, it is a very pale pink, which I'm sure will be stained the first time she wears it. I may try doing what a friend suggested. When I have a pair that fits well, measure the waist and legs and look for one at the thrift store with similar measurements.
My cat is sitting on my lap, purring as I type. She's a tuxedo cat. She's much likelier to come and see me when the kids are in bed. I don't think she likes to spend much time with them. This morning they had her shut in their bedroom with them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home