Just waiting around
I'm back from waiting for the bus to pick up my son for school. Now J and I are waiting around for the person to come who will clean our recliner where J peed on it about a month ago. I purchased some kind of a cleaning policy with it just because I thought the chances she'd piddle on the new furniture were pretty high.
Last night I entered my first three invoices in the new software my husband's company is being forced to use. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get them entered. Had I used the old software, I would have been done in 15. It is true that I'll go much faster once I actually learn how to use the new software (which will only come with practice), but with all the stuff that has to be done to enter things, I don't think I'll ever do better than 30 minutes for three invoices.
My husband's office person has gone on vacation for a the rest of this week and part of next week. I'll have a lot more data to enter each night. It will take me a very long time to get everything done. She's much better at the new software than I am, but neither one of us understands it yet.
I'm trying to request a few Caillou DVDs from our library for J. We have three requests. The oddest thing is that about half our our library's copies of these three DVDs are missing. That is unusual for so many copies of a DVD to be missing. I guess Caillou is a really hot item to steal, but it beats me as to why. Maybe they are just lost. Caillou is very whiny and annoying, but J likes him.
If the recliner gets cleaned in a timely fashion, we'll go to playgroup today. If not,we won't.
We've got a reasonable chance for some rain finally. It should mostly come tomorrow. It's been well over a month since we've had a good rain. September was our driest September on record. We beat our a record set in the 1800s. We're hoping to get moisture left over from Tropical Storm Tammy.

1 Comments:
Caillou is a PBS cartoon. It is Canadian, but is shown a lot during the day in the U.S. Caillou is a whiny little Canadian boy who is four with a little sister that seems to be about 18 months. He lives in a house with his parents, a cat, and stuffed animals. Between episodes, the animals are shown as real puppets (not cartoons) and young children sing and dance. No math, logic, or reading skills are taught on this program. It's one of those that just tries to teach kids to be nice. In other words, I find it a waste of tax money to fund it.
Post a Comment
<< Home