Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Maternity clothes

Yesterday I finally gave up and am now wearing maternity clothes. They are too big for me, but it is much more comfortable to have them on. J's teacher, who probably hasn't seen my belly for a week told me I finally look pregnant. I told her it was probably because of the maternity clothing. Well, I'm over 16 weeks preganant, so I guess it's time I start to look pregnant and not just fat. I may have a couple pairs of jeans that aren't maternity in Size 12, mostly left over from after my first kid was born. If I can find them, I can probably still fit into them. I may begin the hunt.

I ordered a new refrigerator yesterday. We are going to put the old refrigerator in our rental apartment. My pregnancy is making me helpless. If I weren't pregnant, I'd be helping my husband move appliances to the rental. Now he'll have to enlist the help of our neighbor, who isn't in the best of health (too much beer over a long time). I remember from trying to shovel snow when I was pregnant with my son that anything that causes me to tighten my stomach muscles sets off contractions.

Next week my kids have off Monday and Tuesday from school. I think it is because of a teacher work day, conferences, and election day. I imagine it will feel like a LONG weekend to me.

I think I should take advantage of my kids' being in school and go balance my check book.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for maternity clothes, i love all mine, they are so comfy and like you said its nice to look pregnant and not just fat!
I'm going to be sad when i have the baby and have to retire my maternity clothes and go back to normal...

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Moon-spinner,

I can't imagine any part of appliance shopping that is fun. I don't like to shop for anything other than food and books, though, and I am very cheap. Appliances are expensive no matter what one looks at. Even worse than appliance shopping is computer or car shopping. I just hate to part with a lot of money at once.

Sarah,

I'm just the opposite about maternity clothes. I'm looking forward to wearing my regular clothing again and feeling like myself. I will get rid of my maternity clothes forever after this baby is born (assuming all goes well and I have another live, healthy baby)!

I am glad to have maternity clothes since they are now so much more comfortable than my real clothing (Soon it will be impossible for me to fit in my regular clothes no matter how hard I try). I am also glad to have enough maternity clothing that I don't need to go out shopping for more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home