Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Big freeze coming

I think I need to get all my pumpkins and green tomatoes picked today. It's warm, windy, and cloudy today, but I think it will rain tomorrow and probably we'll have a hard freeze tomorrow night and Friday night. It won't be so nice tomorrow to go our and harvest the garden remains.

I spent the morning running errands after dropping J off at preschool, ordering her school pictures, coming home to throw up, and resting a bit. After retrieving J, we went to the grocery store. I got a 12.7 pound turkey for under $2.42 because of a Thanksgiving promotion the supermarket is having. We don't like turkey very much, but at that price, we can tolerate it for a while.

For some reason, J has put on her swimsuit. We don't have a swimming pool, it's not summer, and as far as I'm concerned, it isn't warm enough to run around in my swimsuit. I don't understand why J wants hers on. I figure it's harmless compared to most of what she's been up to lately. Saturday, when I wanted her to wait five minutes before I took her out to paint at our picnic table, she went in the bathroom and fingerpainted with pump handsoap on the bathroom mirror. The night before she unloaded half a bottle of Dawn dish detergent into the dishwater, turning it quite blue.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

What do you do with the green tomatoes? Do you make green tomato relish or fried green tomatoes?

My L likes to run around in swimmers when I'm wearing a jumper, I don't know how he doesn't freeze to death. He also gets up to mischief but usually with tools or I find him halfway up a tree :-)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I put the green tomatoes in a paper bag and hope they ripen into red tomatoes before they rot. I did make fried green tomatoes once this summer. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes after eating them, I threw every bit of them back up. I suspect my pregnant body thought they were poisonous.

It was 27°F this morning, and my daughter has put on a swimsuit again. She says she's pretending it's summer. She's staying in the house, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home