More Christmas Shopping
I went to Target this morning after dropping J off at preschool. I got a few stocking stuffers, a bike helmet for her, trash bags for me, and I was going to get the $15 Dust Buster for N, but it was no longer on the shelf. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. Other than finding N a dust buster and getting my husband to transport the bicycles from the bike store to his office and then to our home in time for Christmas, I'm done with Christmas shopping for the kids. I've ordered J a little jewelry box with a ballerina and a bracelet to go in it ($3 bracelet). That should arrive before Christmas. J's birthday is a week before Christmas, so she'll be getting a few more presents next month than N.
I have nothing for my husband yet. He won't tell me what he wants, or he doesn't want anything. I forgot about a couple presents I have to buy that need to be mailed. I thought I had that done. I'm doing the Trixie Clubhouse gift exchange again this year, but I don't have my assignment yet because too many people were slow to provide the answers to the questions that would give a hint about what to purchase. Also, I need to get something for my friend in Nebraska. I asked her about a month ago what she might like this year, and so far she hasn't told me. She may be in the midst of marital difficulties, though.
I need to get all the family stuff wrapped in the next couple days because K will be getting together a package to send his mother, and I can put all the stuff in there with it since it's all for his side of the family.
Meanwhile, I need to buy Christmas cards. The ones I ordered probably won't be here in time. I'll have to use them next year.
One the presents and Christmas cards are done, I guess I can work on Christmas cookies. I wasn't going to bother since I'm not feeling well, and time in the kitchen usually leaves me throwing up, but I've got a few recipes for very easy cookies. The kids will be very disappointed without Christmas cookies. On a good day before Halloween, I did the cut-out, frosted, sugar cooky thing with pumpkin-shaped cookies, hoping that would make up for skipping them at Christmas. I have no interest in doing cut-out cookies this Christmas. It's hard to believe, but my mom would go into a baking frenzy each Christmas, and produce around seven different types of Christmas cookies in a two-day period, including the cut-out sugar cookies. Even if I were at the peak of health, that's just too much work, plus I don't know what I'd do with so many cookies.
Last Sunday at church we discovered it was the first Sunday of Advent. We still don't have our Advent wreath with the colored candles out. With K painting the walls and refinishing the floors, we really don't have anywere to put it. Perhaps the house will be in order by this coming Sunday. Since I didn't grow up celebrating Advent, it's not a big deal to me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home