Monday, November 28, 2005

Christmas Shopping

I went Christmas shopping after dropping J off at preschool. I had already ordered a couple things from Amazon.com over the weekend for my brother's boys. They were shipped today. This morning I went after presents for my husband's sisters' children. Done! I only have one thing left to buy that I'm going to have to mail. I don't have a thing for my husband or cat, and I only have a couple small things for my kids.

I'm supposed to go to the hardware store before the weekend and find some vinyl tiles that my husband is willing to install in our kitchen over the torn vinyl. My husband got in the home-repair habbit in getting our rental unit ready, and now he's willing to try stuff around the house. He painted our living room and dining room last week.

I met my friend from work for lunch today. This was the rescheduling of the lunch last week I had to cancel when my son stayed home sick from school.

I talked to the neighbor I was sure was the one who had been robbed, and I was correct. He said he'd lost about $6000 of stuff, some of which was jewelry his wife got from her mom and grandmother. Whoever robbed them pulled behind their house during the day while they were at work (only woods behind the houses here so no one could see them at that point), then they busted a pane in the glass in the back door and unlocked the back door. They came in and helped themselves. His new back door is solid, with no glass panes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home