I love Helibores. Have you seen the green one? It's an amazing colour. They bloom all through winter here. I have the pinkish one, the green one and also a white variety.
No, I've never actually seen the green one, but I've seen pictures in plant catalogues. I've tried to grow a couple more pink ones, but either it was too dry where I put them or we had too much of a drought the year I planted them. They died. Pretty much all the new plants I put in that year died.
Perhaps one year I will try again or try another color. I just love plants, and I'd go broke buying everything I'd like to try. It's one of the disadvantages to having a yard with quite a bit of space. I keep coming up with garden projects I'd like to try. I try to keep my perennials down to a couple new ones a year. Since I've not been feeling well this winter, I haven't bothered with an order. If I feel up to it, there is something called Sea Holly I'd like to try this year if I can find it at our favorite garden center. They didn't have it last spring, and I didn't get in my mail order in time that year, either.
The lenten rose in the picture was a little seedling given to us by one of my husband's customers. Hers were reseeding all over the place so she let him have one. It took about three years before it bloomed, and now it's great.
Perhaps you can tell, you've got me thinking about one of my favorite topics--my gardens.
I only remember one thing I got last spring, and it was a rose called "Knock Out." It was my second. The first avoided disease so well I had to try another.
2 Comments:
I love Helibores. Have you seen the green one? It's an amazing colour. They bloom all through winter here. I have the pinkish one, the green one and also a white variety.
No, I've never actually seen the green one, but I've seen pictures in plant catalogues. I've tried to grow a couple more pink ones, but either it was too dry where I put them or we had too much of a drought the year I planted them. They died. Pretty much all the new plants I put in that year died.
Perhaps one year I will try again or try another color. I just love plants, and I'd go broke buying everything I'd like to try. It's one of the disadvantages to having a yard with quite a bit of space. I keep coming up with garden projects I'd like to try. I try to keep my perennials down to a couple new ones a year. Since I've not been feeling well this winter, I haven't bothered with an order. If I feel up to it, there is something called Sea Holly I'd like to try this year if I can find it at our favorite garden center. They didn't have it last spring, and I didn't get in my mail order in time that year, either.
The lenten rose in the picture was a little seedling given to us by one of my husband's customers. Hers were reseeding all over the place so she let him have one. It took about three years before it bloomed, and now it's great.
Perhaps you can tell, you've got me thinking about one of my favorite topics--my gardens.
I only remember one thing I got last spring, and it was a rose called "Knock Out." It was my second. The first avoided disease so well I had to try another.
Post a Comment
<< Home