Tuesday, March 28, 2006

None

My purse is finally dry enough to use (from the coffee spill on Sunday). I put everything back in it and put the old purse back up high in my closet.

I had a couple errands to run today. I got a new pair of tennis shoes. Actually, they are running shoes. The only way I'd run is if someone or something were chasing me, though. I just like the foot support and ventilation in running shoes.

I also got some Easter stuff and some origami paper at a craft store. That was sort of fun.

I've been on the phone with our state's tax department because our income tax refund was a couple hundred dollars short of what we were expecting and the check arrived with no explanation. They told me some spousal tax credit thing for $234 had been disallowed. I called our accountant's office to tell them what the state told me, and they were supprised no letter explaining this denial was provided and told me I'd need to get the state to send me one becuase we do qualify for the spousal tax credit thing. I called the state back and they couldn't determine why I didn't get a letter, but said they could view the information but couldn't print it (why I'm not sure) and that a couple numbers didn't add up properly so they disallowed it but that if they were given the right numbers, I'd probably get the spousal tax credit and they would send us another check. Since they couldn't print it, they agreed to call my accountant's office to sort the problem out. I certainly hope that happens. I don't mind paying the tax I owe, but I get irate about paying tax I do not owe. I'm hoping the accountant won't bill us for straightening this out or it might eat up most of the $234.

Yesterday I washed laundry and in the dryer, I guess a crayon stub melted. Apparently my son left three crayon stubs in his pockets. It trashed a load of laundry (that held four brand-new, never-been-worn pairs of socks, my favorite pink pillowcase, and the outfit I was wearing in the picture I posted, among other things). My husband cleaned the dryer drum with WD-40 (what crayola recommends). We put in a cream-colored painting drop cloth for a while, and it didn't get stained. I dried the wet load that had been waiting for the dryer, and nothing else got the purplish stain that I noticed so I think the washer and dryer are safe to use.

I ran out and bought another set of pink pillowcases. I got my pinkish sheet set last summer and I like it so much. I was very sad to think it was no longer so nice. All the while shopping, I realized my reaction was a bit nutso since it was only pillowcases, but what the heck--I'm pregnant. Later in the evening I tried rewashing the stained load. A lot of the crayon came out. My outfit in the picture I posted seems to be in good shape. I'm glad; I am planning to donate my maternity clothing to charity when I'm done with them, and that outfit is in very good shape. Some of my things may be too worn to give away. I still have some stuff I'm using stain stick on in hopes it will come clean with another washing, and it may.

I called my mother to complain about my laundry woes, but she blames me. She says whoever does the laundry needs to check all the pockets. I say whoever takes off his clothing should be emptying his pockets before putting clothing in the hamper (or leaving it on the floor), and no one should EVER put crayons in his pockets.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm with you on the pocket checks. I ask everyone to empty their pockets when they get undressed. If you leave money in your pocket then it becomes mine :-)

Sorry to read about the crayon, that would have made a huge mess :-(

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm re-washing more stuff today after using stain stick on some of the remaining stains. Everything has come out so much better than I expected at first. I'm going to wait a bit before I wash my new pillow cases just in case there is residual crayon in the washer or dryer that I haven't noticed yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home