Will I ever get enough sleep?
I am still so tired. It doesn't seem to matter that I'm getting a bit more now that I'm not pumping in the night. I'm so far behind it feels like I'll never get it all caught up. I can't believe it's morning when it's time to get up. At least this didn't hit me as a surprise; I know from the first two kids that sleep is nearly non-existant the first three months.
Lots of things are getting behind. Last night I left a bunch of dirty dishes all over the kitchen. First we went to one grocery store after dinner. Then we had to leave before the shopping was done because Mr. K had stomach problems. Then I had to put the groceries away. Then Mr. K fed K while I gave N and J baths. Then I put N and J to bed. Mr. K worked on paperwork for his business while I went to another supermarket (closer to home) to finish the shopping. When I got home and put the groceries away, I was just to tired to worry about the dirty dishes.
I need to pay bills. I think I did it recently enough that everthing is still current, but they are stacking up again. I'd do it now, but I'm taking a break from paperworkish stuff. In between feedings and entertaining N and J, I've been working on paperwork for Mr. K's business, getting some checks ready to deposit tomorrow, and planting seeds in seed starter things. I got N and J to go outside to play by giving them an old package of Kentucky Wonder pole bean seeds and letting them plant them anywhere they want in the yard (with no guarantee I won't kill or move the sprouts if they come up in an inconvenient spot).
Mr. K is at our rental house. He had to be there all day to meet the person who switches the gas to our name (instead of our previous tenant's). The gas people took several weeks to tell us they couldn't put the gas in our name unless we were there to let them in to see the meter in the basement (which is reached from the outside of the house), and they were unwilling to enter the basement unless we were there even though we offered to keep the basement door unlocked.
Then Mr. K is having another open house today in hopes of finding another tenant. I've had a couple people call about it today, and I told people about it last week. Only two or three people showed up yesterday to see the place, but Mr. K really liked a couple of them and hopes they'll fill out the applications they took and return them to us. Who knows? I'd be surprised if we could find a tenant this quickly, but it would be great. Mr. K is so busy with his regular job, he'll be unable to even schedule showing of the unit by appointment for a week at least. He'll just be holding two more open houses in the next week.
I'll never be able to show the unit. First of all I don't have any idea what Mr. K does or tells the people, and the reason I don't know is that I'll never have to show it since I'm always watching the kids and won't be hauling them there for a showing. They behave very badly whenever we go to the duplex, even if we are only going for a few minutes. They find it very boring.

2 Comments:
I know exactly what you mean, i am getting some sleep these days, some nights are better than others but i just feel exhausted by the afternoon, hope it wears off soon :)
I like your new name for your hubby hehe MrK.
Hope you get your place rented soon, one less thing to worry about i guess.
Hope all is well with bubs?
I do hope we get a tenant soon.
So far, K seems fine, and I'm glad.
When N was born, he was pre-term and extra small. His butt was two tiny, quarter-sized patches of diaper rash, and he screamed all the time.
When J was about 12 days old, she got a crusty, irritated eye. The doctor said her tear ducts were to narrow and I had to massage them regularly. Plus he put her on antibiotics to clear up the infection. Both of these were minor problems, but they were troublesome none the less.
So far, nothing seems wrong at all with K, and I'm so glad. I hope it remains that way.
Post a Comment
<< Home