Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'll be getting busy

I'm already so tired I'm incompetent. I just tried to make some whole wheat roll dough in my bread machine. I wasn't careful, so I accidentally set it to make a super rapid-rise loaf of bread. The bread isn't very good--it has texture problems. I'm trying again to make roll dough. I think there might be enough time before dinner to get it done.

Anyway, Mr. K's office person goes in for a surgery today. She may be gone for a week or more. I will be doing a lot more paperwork while she's away. She did a great job of trying to get everything she could get done before she left, but it will be a lot more work for me in the evenings and weekends. I'm not likely to do it well since I'm so tired. I hope I don't end up making things worse for her when she gets back. I'm not sure about even working in the evening. Lately either K has been at the rental all evening,leaving me with all three kids, he's using the computer himself so it isn't available to me, or I'm so dead tired I'm getting to bed as soon as dinner is cleaned up. This doesn't lend itself to getting his office work done.

While his office person is out, one of his technicians will be answering the phones part time. Part of the time, the technician will be out doing regular work. I'm going to try to find out when he'll be actually working his regular work because then he won't be using the office computer at that time so I can connect to it and get a little work done during the day. My husband isn't usually home using the computer during the day, N is at school, and sometimes J is at school, so it should be a little easier to work at that time than in the evening.

I need to go marinate some meat. I think we are having "Balsamic Flank Steak" for dinner (unless I screw that up, too).

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

My brain left home after each baby too. Broken sleep is torture :-( I think it's harder with older kids too because you still have school, homework, sport etc for one child and a pre-schooler who needs attention and interaction as well as the work that comes with a newborn. Hang in there :-)
How are you going with dying up your milk?

Good luck with the office work.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Sleep, although still broken, was easier with my first child. I was able to nap during the day. I can't anymore. I'd love to have eight hours of sleep straight, but that is months off at best.

My milk is almost dried up. I don't need to pump anymore, and the swelling is almost gone. Hopefully the skin will shrink back down, but I'm not counting on it. Before this pregnancy, whenever I'd lose weight, I could fold my breast up (almost literally) and tuck them into my bra. That never happened until I had a baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home