Friday, May 05, 2006

It's Friday

I guess that it's Friday doesn't make a lot of difference. It used to mean I'd have Mr. K home to help with the kids a little more on the weekend. Now it means both N and J will be home, and Mr. K will spend most of the weekend either at work or at our rental, working on the unit from which we evicted the tenant.

One of J's friend's moms called us a couple days ago and invited us over this afternoon so our daughters can play. J has been very, very excited since she got invited over. She keeps asking me if it's afternoon. Probably this afternoon would have been a time when Mr. K's technician would be in the field and not on the computer so I could have done some paperwork, but now we won't even be home. Had I known, I would not have arranged to go out this afternoon. At least I should be able to get the paperwork caught up this weekend if I can get N and J to go play outside all day.

Yesterday I placed an order with Amazon.com. I got a children's book, a cookbook, and a small-capacity food processor. I have a little Westinghouse mini food chopper, but it isn't very powerful, the blade isn't very sharp, and the plastic bowl and lid are chipped and cracking from all the times the kids have dropped it on the floor. I've ordered a little Kitchen Aid one, which will be more powerful, is a bit larger, and will have very sharp blades. I'll just have to strongly threaten N and J to keep them from messing with it and dropping it on the floor and shattering and cracking the plastic. I'm not sure how I'll keep K out of it as she gets bigger. (Just a note, the blade parts are kept in an unused, unplugged microwave over our stove with all our knives and sharp scissors so there's no chance the kids can cut themselves on them.) It's cobalt blue, so it will match my Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I got as a wedding present.

I think I got three hours of sleep straight once in the night so I feel a lot better today than yesterday. Also, I had some coffee earlier so I'm a bit perkier than yesterday. It is very nice to have my coffee and not worry about how it will make the baby fussier as I worried when she was drinking my breast milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home