Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Mr. K has taken N and J to the mall to trick-or-treat. J is Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), and N is Superman.

I got pumpkins last Saturday night, and the kids and Mr. K carved them on Sunday.

I have my light on, but no one has ever come to my house to trick-or-treat so I'm not expecting this year to be any different.

K is playing with a bag of oranges. I think she's got them rolling all over the dining room floor. Normally I'd frown on that, but she's very happy doing it. It's held her attention longer than anything else I've ever seen.

I had a physical today. I was grumpy and hungry because I couldn't eat breakfast because they did a blood draw. Hopefully my lab work will come back fine. I don't think I have anything serious wrong with me. My heel spurs do not affect my lifespan.

I made a quiche for dinner. It was a disaster.

Whoops! K lost interest in the oranges. I guess she got them all out of the bag. Now she's crying. I gotta go.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Happy Halloween. We don't trick or treat but we do carve pumpkins :-)
We did three little Butternut pumpkins. They turned out really well and were easier to carve than our usual Queensland Blue variety.

Thanks for sending that extra hour over to us. We'll take good care of it until it's time to send it back :-) I now have the problem of settling the kids down in the evening, especially if they've been swimming after dinner.

I can't believe that K is sitting and trying to get mobile. It seems to be going so fast! You'll be chasing after her soon.

I hope your blood work went well. A few years ago I felt really unwell, kept getting colds etc...... turned out I was pregnant with L !! LOL (just teasing)

What happened to your quiche? I make a crustless quiche in summer to have with salad.

Take care

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Brilly,

I wish you could return that hour right now; I don't want to wait until April.

I'm sure I'm not pregnant. I was in the middle of my period during my physical.

My quiche overflowed into the jelly roll pan in the oven, and it was obvious that my kids wouldn't eat it (spinach and onions) and my husband wouldn't have any because he's lactose intolerant. Usually he'll have Lactaid with stuff like that, but he needed to take the kids to the mall to trick-or-treat and couldn't risk the Lactaid failing.

Moon-spinner,

I don't know about playing with oranges, but since I told the kids what K did, they've been getting into the oranges and rolling them around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home