Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Life

N complained of stomach pain and didn't go to school today. He's supposed to remain in his room, but he keeps forgetting.

J had Lunch Bunch today, so she was gone to school until 2 p.m. K refused to nap during that time.

I think I've got a plumber lined up to put in the plumbing at our new rental house. Of course, I'll believe it when I see the plumbing working. That will be fantastic, and will put us much closer to having the place ready to rent. Right now we don't even have the water turned on.

I ordered ten pairs of underwear from Victoria's Secret (nothing fancy but the colors). It saved having to go to the mall and pick through whatever they happened to have in stock while entertaining K. I did have to pay shipping and postage, though. So far I've thrown out seven pairs of old, holey underwear, and I imagine there are more that were in my laundry. It will be great to have intact underwear for a while. I think I let it go a little to far this time. Of course, after giving birth, one does want to wear old underwear for a while, but K has her first birthday next month so there is no excuse any more. I'll probably end up on Victoria's Secret's mailing list for a while. Hopefully N is too young to notice the catalogs. I'm not sure at what age boys develop an interest in women in underwear. N will be seven later this month. I'm hoping we have another seven years, but I have no idea what is normal.

Dinner will be leftovers. I made four bone-in chicken breasts for dinner last night. We only ate two of them. I don't want them to go to waste so that's dinner again tonight. I love easy dinners. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot dogs. I don't like them, but they're easy.

I've put the invitations to N's three friends in the mail today to invite them to N's birthday party. Hopefully they'll all be able to come. I've told Mr. K that her really needs to stay home that afternoon. I don't want to be home alone running the birthday party.

Sunday was my tenth anniversary. We all went to Lone Star. Mr. K and I had steak. The kids had chicken strips. It was good. Mr. K forgot his Lactaid, and I think he ate a little of the cheese in the salad, and I'm guessing the mashed potatoes had sour cream or something in them because he got sick afterwards. I'm hoping the kids don't end up with Mr. K's dairy sensitivity. It's rather inconvenient, but at least with Lactaid, he can eat dairy.

K took a dozen steps today before falling. It's the most she's ever done. We all start clapping after she walks. K claps, too. Really she doesn't spend much time trying yet.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

New undies!! How I long for new undies!! lol I've also worn my old underwear way too long. I did buy new bras but I haven't updated my briefs yet. I hope I don't get hit by a bus!

As for boys interest in scantily clad women. D is 9 and he covers his eyes and says "Oohh TMI" or "My eyes are soiled" if he sees an underwear ad. LOL

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. So many marriages don't make it to 10 years these days.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Sorry, me again.

I also wanted to comment about having your tubes done.

Can I ask which procedure you are having done? ( You can tell me to mind my own beeswax, I won't mind) :-)
There is cut and tie, clamping or pierce and clamp. My friend had the cut and tie procedure and conceived again a few years later (it does have a small failure rate)
Clamping can also fail because sometimes a clamp works loose.
I was told that the clamp that goes through your fallopian tube (crosswise) and then clamps around is the most irreversible and the most fail proof.

Is there a newer way now?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm very excited about the underwear. Most have pink on them in some way, shape, or form (stripes, berries, hearts), and J fell in love with them and tried to swipe them, even though they sure wouldn't fit her.

I know a lot of marriages don't make it ten years, and I'm not sure why. Maybe people are in too much of a hurry to marry.

I'm getting my tubes tied with two little rubber-band like things per tube. The tissue between the tubes is supposed to die and go away. Sadly, the odds for pregnancy aren't as good as I hoped. I think it's a one in one hundred chance that I'll get pregnant. Then, if I am pregnant, it's 50-50 that it's an ectopic pregnancy, which MUST be removed or I think it kills me. I don't know how new the bands are, but they are what my doctor uses.

Since I'll probably remain on the pill anyway to regulate my periods, it is EXTREMELY unlikely while I am using both excellent methods of birth control that I'll conceive.

Right now my mom is down to only one day this spring she can be here for the surgery since I need to do it on a Friday afternoon, and she won't come once it gets too hot (May). Hopefully that will work for my doctor or I don't see how I'll be getting the surgery before autumn, when the weather is cooler again to lure my mom here.

I certainly don't mind questions about it. If I did, I never would have mentioned I was planning to get it done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home