Saturday, March 24, 2007

Still none

thed
I, J, and K went to the zoo yesterday with friends of ours while N was in school. I've got a very slight sunburn on one of my arms where my t-shirt ended. I really haven't been out in the sun at all this year. Hopefully neither of my girls burned. I put sunblock on all of us. K is a little pink, but I don't think she actually burned.

I've been trying to get the house together for N's birthday party tomorrow. I've got a lot left to do. I don't notice how messy my house is until I know other people will be seeing it. I've tried to get N and J to clean their rooms, but they seem to have gone deaf each time I open my mouth. Later I'll have to start yelling or just making them stay in their rooms until they pick them up.

Mr. K is going to take N to get a haircut when he gets back from the animal feed store. N has a haystack on his head right now, as can be seen in this picture from his birthday on Thursday.

I guess N had a good birthday. He had his cupcakes at school, and I bought him a cake for our dinner. We went to IHOP for dinner (YUCK!), but the kids loved it. J got him three presents at the dollar store, which was good because Mr. K and I didn't get him much since having an actual party costs so much. I've got him frozen pastry puff wrapped cocktail wieners (too lazy to make my own), cans of pop (Coke and Sprite), small bottles of bottled water (we usually drink tap water but most people around here don't because it tastes bad), vegetables for a vegetable tray, I'll make hummus later today (and probably be the only one willing to eat it), birthday cups, plates, and napkins, and I'll make another cake later today for which I've spent about $5 getting candy letters to write "Happy Birthday Nick" and to decorate it with candy frogs and insects. Another large expense was buying the stuff for the goodie bags to give the guests at the end of the party. Nick helped me fill them last night.

Well, I've had enough of a break. Cleaning awaits me!

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Longish hair is trendy here. D looks like one of the Beatles :-)

It's amazing how much just a small party at home costs. The food, drink, plates/cups and lolly bags all add up.

I hope N had a great party with his friends.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I think some boys have longer hair here, but most have short hair. I don't pay a lot of attention, but I do notice when my son has trouble seeing around the flop of hair that ends up in his eyes.

N had a great party with his friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home