Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So much to read--so little time

Brilly's earlier postings about reading Harry Potter books reminded me that I needed to get going on that so that I'm caught up with Book 6 the day Book 7 is released. Amazon is supposed to deliver it to me that day. In the past I've read 1 through 4 quite a few times. I've read 5 twice. I've read 6 only once. I thought 1 through 4 were great, 5 was bad, and 6 was worse. I don't have high hopes for enjoying 7, but I expect it to tie everything together. Harry just get too stuck on himself as the books progress, and I couldn't care less about his love life and teen angst. At this point, I wouldn't be sad if Harry doesn't survive Book 7. I do like Snape, though. He, Petunia, and Hermione are my favorite characters.

Anyway, I've made it to Book 5 in the past few weeks. I can barely remember what even happened in Book 6 so it will mostly be a surprise when I get to it.

I've got one unread library book that I've renewed three times already, and a book I requested (Twinkie Deconstructed) arrived at the library today, and I've already started it. Also, I'm in the middle of Trixie #11, but I haven't looked at it in a couple weeks. N is reading Trixies, and he will catch up with me soon if I don't get to it.

I'd love to spend some time with my cookbooks and the heap of magazines under my bed, but there is only so much time, and most of mine isn't spent reading. I've been bringing Harry to the gym with me, and I read him for the 21 minutes I ride the exercise bike. I read myself to sleep at night, and once in a while I get a chance to sit down with a book in the evening.

Well, it's almost bed time and I have to decide between Harry 5 and Twinkie Deconstructed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home