Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter Comments--Spoilers

I looked back to comments about the book I made in June. Here some of them are (I've tried whiting them out, but I can't seem to match the background color so don't look carefully if you don't want to see them. If you do, highlight them for easier viewing) :

I'm hoping she doesn't kill off Ron or Hermione, but I'm okay with the loss of Harry as long as it's the end of Voldemort, also. I want to see Neville survive with his mind intact and his grandma proud of him, and I'd like to see Snape turn out to be a good guy after all, but it's okay if he dies proving it.

The other thing, besides teen relationships that I don't like is Quidditch. I've just skimmed past a lot of it when I've been re-reading the books.



This book (#7) was better than I expected. Pretty much all the stuff I wanted to see happen did. There wasn't any Quidditch, which was a relief. Harry survived, and he was much more pleasant in this book since he was determined to complete a task and not hung up on his romances. So much was confusing that I've lost track of what happened to all the wand and who all ended up dead. I liked the epilogue 19 years later. It was a nice touch. I was glad the way the loose ends were tied up.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, i really enjoyed this book, i'm really happy with the ending and thought it all fitted well together and all my questions were answered.

I have read some other peoples reviews who arn't to happy with the epilogue and who ended up being killed but i like the happily ever after scenario :) and am so glad she didn't kill any of the "main" ones off, it would have been nicer to see more of Snape etc

I'm a bit sad its all over though and there is no more Harry Potter to come...

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Yes, it's too bad there won't be more, but if there were, all the issues couldn't be settled. I wish the epilogue included information about what happened to Aunt Petunia and family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home