Ramblings
N's air conditioning died yesterday. Mr. K was going to get him one, but he noticed one on the porch of our neighbor (beer in one hand, cigarette in the other). It belongs to our neighbor's "landlord," who sometimes stays there and loves to collect junk. Mr. K was going to see if he could get a deal on the unused window unit AC. We found out today that the "landlord" (actually a friend of the neighbor who bought the house from him and lets him stay for a small rent) will be out of town until Friday evening.
Last night N slept in our living room with the chicks on my loveseat hide-a-bed. (The chicks were in the room, not on the hide-a-bed.) He was up very late, and both he and J were very excited about it. She wanted to sleep there, too, but we wouldn't let her. Anyway, Mr. K went out this evening and found a new window AC unit for N's room at Home Depot. It's cooling his room right now.
Tomorrow is N and J's last day of "summer camp." I will miss the time to run errands with just K, but I won't miss the drive to and from the preschool twice each day. We've got a week without a lot to do next week, and then I'll be repeating the driving for the next two weeks as N goes to Loreto at his church (which is almost kitty-corner from the preschool) and then J starts Vacation Bible School at her church. (The vagueness about the church, and why I didn't call it our church is because, although I attend each week, it is a Catholic church, and I am not Catholic and do not take communion. Mr. K and the kids are Catholic. Calling it my church is difficult to do since it's not my religion.)
My mom is due back from her honeymoon at fish camp next week, and I'm dying to see how it went. I got her a book from Amazon before she left, and I'm wondering if she actually read it. It's called While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam Is Destroying the West From Within. I don't usually read non-fiction, and when I do, I seldom finish a book, but I got to the end of this one. I'm not sure what my mom will think of it. She thinks I'm nuts and a fanatic politically, and I think she's a socialist (or at least has strong socialist leanings).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home