None
My dishwasher is fine. I was able to cancel the appointment. It was operator (me) error. I thought it was still running because the lights hadn't gone out. When the light switches from washing to drying to clean, it is done. It means the dishes are clean. It only takes a bit over two hours to run a cycle, which is longer than the previous dishwasher, but not unreasonable. It sure beats hand-washing all the dishes. That was driving me crazy.
I spent most of Sunday (after church) doing computer paperwork. I wasn't done until dinner time. Mr. K's office person was on vacation, and I was entering invoices and confirming that commissions were tracked correctly for her. It took me extra time because she has changed how it is done from how it was a couple years ago when I did more of it. I kept having to re-do stuff that wasn't coming out right because I barely knew what I was doing. Adding the commission part makes it so it is too much trouble for her to send it to me normally. She did have an office assistant, but the assistant quit about a month ago, not leaving time to hire and train another before her vacation.
Mr. K is setting up a new solar-powered electric fence around our filbert bushes. He's testing it out to see if it does what it says it does. We would prefer to eat the nuts without sharing them with the squirrels. We planted the bushes.
We still don't have our rental house rented, but Mr. K and I are going to look inside some new properties on Saturday. I think the problem with this one is two-fold. It is on the bad area/good area line, and it is boring and ugly from the outside. Our next house will have some curb appeal.
I ordered some pink jeans from L.L. Bean. They arrived yesterday. The fit isn't perfect, but they were $9.95 on clearance, and they arrived at my house so I didn't have to go shopping. I got a cream shirt and a white shirt, too. I can go out with my girls with all of us wearing pink pants now. Scary! My color choices were pink or orange. I don't think I've ever worn orange except for a pumpkin costume when I was a kid, and I have no plans to start now. Today I'm expecting a pink fair isle sweater. I placed a couple orders from their August clearance catalog. It will be nice to have a few new things this fall. This year I'm in the mood for things that are pink, brown, beige, and white.
N and J finished swimming lessons today. Next week is their last full week before school begins. I'm getting excited! K and I will have the run of the city together. N and J will have their minds filled and expanded, and I won't have to listen to them fight all day.

2 Comments:
I'm a bit scared to ask how MrK tested the new electric fence..... did he touch it and see?
Two hours sounds like a long time for the dishwasher to run. I think mine takes about 40mins.
Only one more week until J starts school..... it's going fast!!
I think he touched it to see. He thinks the solar power source isn't good enough. He wants to set it up so it's plugged in to an extension cord that's plugged into an outlet.
It's getting hard to believe how soon J will be a real schoolgirl.
I wish my dishwasher were quicker. I agree it sounds like a long time. On the phone, they told me the longest cycle (perhaps pots and pans with sterilization) could take up to 3 or 3 1/2 hours.
Post a Comment
<< Home