Sunday
K was a little terror at church this morning. I finally took her into the foyer and let her run around. Then she was happy. Then I felt guilty for rewarding her for bad behavior. I took her back into the sanctuary just in time for her dad to take her up with him when he took communion. I left with her a couple minutes before the end of the service because she started yelling again. Mr. K told me she was poopy. When we got home, I found that she wasn't He concluded he just must have smelled bad gas from the elderly lady who sat ahead of him.
We had our doughnuts and coffee. That's my favorite part of Sunday. Church is a pain since I can't even follow what is going on because I'm so busy dealing with the kids. Mr. K doesn't believe in using the nursery.
Mr. K is at the store with our neighbor. The neighbor is getting more beer and cigarettes (and groceries). Mr. K is going to pick up some string cheese because I forgot to get any when I went to the store last night, and K is in a phase where she eats several cheese sticks a day. She's able to bite them apart with only three teeth.
For the next two weeks, N and J have swimming lessons. I have to get them to the YMCA pretty early. I think we need to be there by 9 a.m. After the lessons, I think I have one unscheduled week left before they start school.
When Mr. K gets back from the store, he's going to harvest a chicken. It will be the little chick we got that a hen hatched on her own earlier this year. He turned out to be a cockerel so we'll eat him. He's not a little chick any more. I'm going to make a recipe called "Bread Pan Pheasant" that I found on the Internet with him in a day or two. (I'm sure a scrawny chicken can be substituted for a pheasant.)
I'm also planning to make a Stromboli this week for dinner. I got some deli meat at the store last night. I had to make a substitution, though. I was supposed to buy something called capocollo. Our deli didn't have any. I decided to try prosciutto instead. I'm not sure how similar they are, but they are both strange Italian deli meats. Good enough for me.
I guess I must be hungry. I keep writing about food.

2 Comments:
The Stromboli looks pretty interesting. The meat called Capocollo is also known as Coppa. It's similar to Prosciutto but is a different cut of dried meat and has less fat than Prosciutto. The Prosciutto will work just as well.
Your dinners are sounding pretty good..... what time would you like me to arrive!! :-)
I had to laugh at Mr.K's smelly church experience, especially when he concluded it was the elderly lady in front LOL. I think church must be very hard on toddlers, they have the attention span of a gnat anyway.... at least you know she'll soon learn what behaviour is expected in church.
Thanks for the information about Capocollo. I'm glad to hear it shouldn't make much difference which I use.
Why don't you arrive for dinner when you get in on the Amtrak when you travel across the U.S? The only reason I cook is because I like to eat.
Hopefully church will get easier for K as she gets repeat lessons on what she can and can't do.
Post a Comment
<< Home