Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer colds

J and K have come down with colds. I think I'm getting one, too. It's bed time for the kids, but they are being good for the moment. J and K are in bed, and N is in their room reading to them. It's very cute.

Tomorrow N begins Loreto. It's his version of Vacation Bible School. It lasts two weeks. J starts Vacation Bible School one week later, and hers lasts for only one week.

N's been invited to a friend's birthday party next Saturday. It will be a pizza party, and then the kids will go see a Richmond Kickers game (the city's soccer team). N doesn't want to go to the soccer game. I'm hoping he won't refuse. He doesn't understand why anyone would want to waste time watching a soccer game. I'm stumped because I don't know why either, but I'm so glad he has the chance to go, and I hope he won't refuse. I have no plans to take him to see any sports, but I'd hate for him to miss the experience just because I find sports painful. He might find that he really likes it. Most people like sports; I'm just an oddball.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Ha, I love that he doesn't understand why anyone would waste time watching a soccer game. I feel that way about a lot of stuff! Like golf. Who wants to watch golf?

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I don't want to watch golf, either. I think my husband likes to see the final putted shot they sometimes show on the news. I don't care for that, either. I guess if I had to watch or play golf, I'd rather watch because I'd just bring a book to read.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

We're all sporty except S who is into dance. I feel like N but about dance. I don't get it, I can't understand why anyone would pay to watch ballet.

The thing I dislike about most sports is that the good players are paid a small fortune just to kick or hit a ball.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I don't mind what they are paid if they can bring in the advertising dollars. I just don't care to watch sports. If everyone were like me, they wouldn't bring in any advertising dollars because no one would watch them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home