Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Huge First!

K peed in the potty chair! None of my kids ever did that. N used to try to beat the tar out of the potty chair. J simply refused to have anything to do with it. N was just under 3 1/2 when he was trained directly on the toilet. J was over 3 1/2 when she was trained on the toilet. I am so excited! I've felt like such a failure at potty training when my kids were still in diapers or pull ups past age 3. K is only 20 months old.

I got the potty chair out about six months ago but didn't have high hopes for it. At least K wasn't violent towards it. She's sat on it a little, sometimes without a diaper, but nothing has ever come out while she was sitting on it.

After she peed, I think N, J, and were yelling with joy so much I think we scared her. We calmed down enough that I took the pee-catching pitcher to the toilet with her and let her help me empty it into the toilet. Then I let her help me flush. This is how potty training should be!

I hope she'll do it again and again, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high since I've had no luck in the past with potty training (but I've never had a kid willing to sit on the potty before, either).

I bought K some diapers last night. Perhaps I should have looked for pull-ups. Next time I'll think about pull ups if she repeats her peeing in the potty act.



I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home