Computer unavailable
When I got Brilly's Webkinz, I got one for N, too. I was going to give it to him for his birthday in March, but J had been really yanking his chain with her account--sometimes sharing it and other times refusing or being very bossy about it. I felt sorry for him last weekend, and told him if he worked hard helping me with chores for the next week, I'd give it to him in a week (which was yesterday). He's not capable of doing most chores the way I want them done, so I didn't have that many things for him to do, but he did everything I asked of him without objection so I let him have his Webkinz yesterday. (The worst thing I think he did was wash my bathroom floor down with soapy water and a rag, but I didn't have him do it near the toilet. Mostly he dumped trash and sifted the cat's litter box.)
Yesterday morning we went to his Cub Scout pack's Pinewood Derby, and N's car he made with his dad was raced against the other boys in his den. His car didn't do so well, but they gave him a certificate for decorating it interestingly.
Before the Pinewood Derby, I gave him his Webkinz, and we set up the account. In the afternoon, after the Derby, he pretty much tied up the computer for the rest of the day. I let him get away with it since he never objected to the chores I assigned him during the past week. Today he'll be limited to only 45 minutes on the computer so I ought to be able to use it a bit more unless Mr. K wants it.
I've got a moment at the computer because I put K down for a nap, and Mr. K is picking up N and J from Sunday school, but they are due back any moment, and after he has his doughnut, I'm sure N will want his 45 minutes at Webkinz World.
Friday I took K out to a mattress store where they make the mattresses on site (and use foam made at the plant I used to work at). I bought her a twin mattress and box springs. I need to find the bed frame pieces up in our attic today because the mattress will arrive on Wednesday. I told them I wasn't in a hurry. She probably won't nap once she gets a big girl bed she can escape from. If I can't find the frame, I'll need to get the mattress store to include a cheap frame with the delivery.
They're back--I'm losing the computer for the moment.

2 Comments:
I was wondering how you were going...what are webkinz?? Never heard of them.
We have H's bed setup but he hasn't slept in it yet, although he is waking early anyways so really it wouldn't make much difference, we might try him tonight though and see how he goes.
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Webkinz are stuffed animals, sort of like Beany Babies. They come with a special tag that has a secret code on it. You use that code to go to their web site and set up an account. Then you can "earn" kinzcash and use it to buy "food" for your Webkinz, buy him rooms and furniture, send him to an academy (where I think he can learn more motions to have him do on screen), and send "mail" and "packages" to other people with Webkinz. You "earn" the Kinzcash by playing games.
J got one for her birthday, and Brilly mentioned they hadn't reached Australia yet (which I think is a good thing). I saw one at the right price, and I got it for her and shipped it. I'm guessing her boys will be more interested in it than S, but since D already has a video game player, he probably won't be so impressed. L will probably need help figuring it out.
I finally bought N one when I got Brilly's because J wouldn't share very well with him, and it was obvious he was enjoying it more than she (reading helps).
Post a Comment
<< Home