Friday, February 01, 2008

K won't stay in bed

K was driving me crazy. She was refusing to nap, doesn't watch TV yet, and clung to me crying because she was so tired. I finally had a loud discussion with her, and got her back into bed, shutting the door so it latched. I've heard some noises in there, but I'm hoping she's going to take a nap because a) I have no time for myself if she stays awake, and b) when she doesn't nap, she gets harder and harder to deal with as she gets sleepier and sleepier.

I heard my bedroom's French doors rattle around 3 a.m. I got up and opened them, and K was sitting on the floor, sucking her pacifier with her blanket wrapped around her. I had to pee, so I told her to wait a minute. She followed me into my bathroom in the dark and waited while I peed. Then I put my crocs on and carried her to bed. I latched her door so it would be harder for her to get out. The whole time she never said a word or made any noise. It was very strange. Fortunately she went right back to sleep, or at least didn't cry so I went right back to sleep.

I forgot to take my Spanish book to the gym, so I am hoping K actually will nap to give me a chance to read it. I should go try to read it now, while she is at least quiet.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks, i don't think i'd cope if H didn't have his afternoon nap its such a nice break although H loves tv so i can always do things while he watches diego or dora or hi 5 etc.

Hope she naps for you today!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Angela said...

She did finally fall asleep yesterday--on the "mattress" on the floor next to the bed. I'll take anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home