Sick
I started coming down with a horrid cold yesterday. It started with congestion and a sore throat. I slept very little in the night, waking up at least once an hour. N woke me up once when I was asleep because he wet the bed. He hasn't done that in years. I took one look at it and covered it with a rubberized crib pad and told him to sleep on that and I'd change his sheets in the morning.
When I got up in the morning, I started throwing up, and I had a horrid headache. I finally got rid of most of the headache later in the morning once I was able to keep enough food down so that I could take an Excedrine (aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine).
I was supposed to go the gym this morning and then to the office to pick up our corporate monthly reporting material and overnight it to the corporate office at the post office. Instead, the office manager stopped by here this morning so I could check off the stuff as she put it in the envelope (a new system we use because the corporate office started claiming things were missing--they lost the stuff). She then took it to the post office. I was very glad because I was really to sick to get in the car.
The nausea stopped by lunch time, and with the headache under control, things are getting better. I'm certainly hoping I'll get more sleep tonight, but we'll see. I've got a Kleenex with me right now to catch all the drips flowing out of my nose. It's a good thing we don't transmit diseases over the Internet.
I was able to make dinner, and I made an emergency run to the budget hair cut place (no appointments necessary). I always go there, but I think it's been about six months, and my hair has started knotting in back on the underside, and the tangles are coming out in my brush, which is very painful and reduces the thickness of my hair. I had about five inches knocked off. It should wash and brush out with ease tomorrow. I really wanted to get it cut before we leave for that camping trip (I'm assuming I'll just have a regular cold by then). I'd hate to have long, snarled hair on a camping trip.
Last night I went to the church I attend for three-hour sexual abuse training. Now I will be eligible to volunteer in the nursery during vacation Bible school.
Two nights ago, I took J to her first Daisy Girl Scout meeting. We've been on a waiting list since last fall, and a new troop just formed in the area. It's a different elementary school, but is no farther from our house than the kids' elementary school. Fortunately, J is a people person and doesn't mind having to go meet new kids at a different school. Mr. K, N, and I aren't like that. There will probably be only one meeting this school year, and then a couple field trips in the summer. Next school year (starts in September), we'll get on track with monthly meetings.

2 Comments:
Sorry to read that you aren't well. D and L have both had sore throats, coughs and headaches.
What sort of training do they give in the three hours? It sounds lot more in-depth than what would happen here. We just sign a form that says we've never been charged with sex offences against children.
Not long now until the big sleepout!
We filled out a notarized form providing lots of information so they can check police records and such on us to assure we don't have a past abusing children.
Then we saw a two-part video. We had discussions about the video after each part.
The video had some abused kids telling about what had happened to them and how it ruined their lives, and it had two convicted abusers (probably as part of their sentence) discuss (with no remorse) what they had done and how they had gained the kids' and their families trust so they could do it.
The second video was mostly about the steps we need to take so we can start "Protecting God's Children."
Post a Comment
<< Home