It's Raining and Talk Radio
It's raining, and I'm glad. I've planted some flower and bean seeds, and it hasn't rained in a while, so I had to use the sprinkler on them Saturday to get them to germinate. They could use the water to continue growth instead of burning up.
I've put a tab in my browser on my local radios station's web site, www.wrva.com, and I pushed "Listen On Line Now," and now I am listening to one of my favorite conservative talk radio shows, Michael Savage. He's on weeknights from 9 p.m. to midnight. Usually I love the way he uses our language, and I agree with a lot of his ideas. Some of his descriptions are brilliant. Sometimes he's boring and tedious. Sometimes I think he's crossing the line between sane and insane. I also think there is an element of get-rich-quick about him, so I wouldn't by a used car from him. I usually only catch 30 minutes or less of his shows.
In the morning from 9 a.m. to noon, if I'm in the car, I often listen (same station) to Glenn Beck, yet another conservative talk radio host. I think he's more honest, but his humor segments are horrid. He sometimes gets too depressing because of his concerns for what lies ahead regarding our economy and terrorism.
In the afternoon, I occasionally listen to Rush Limbaugh if I'm in the car between noon and 3 p.m. (same radio station). He's usually very upbeat about the future, but sometimes I have to shut him off because there isn't room in the car for me and his ego. His humor segments are usually excellent, though. He also has a fantastic research department so his facts are almost always correct.
The nice thing about listening over the computer is my reception is perfect. It's an AM radio station, so it is hard to get it to come in well in the house, and in the car, cell phone towers and lightning interfere with the reception.
I think out of the three, I enjoy Michael Savage on a good day best, Glenn Beck second, and Rush Limbaugh third.

2 Comments:
MrG loves talk radio and always has the radio on. He also listens to UK radio online.
I was surprised when I clicked on the link and the listen online button that I'm not allowed to listen to it as I don't live in the U.S. LOL What are they talking about that they don't want us to hear? :-)
I'm surprised they block access to non-us people. I can't imagine why they would care unless they're afraid of being sued by some of those liberal countries (I don't know if Australia is one of them) such as Canada, England, or France, where they no longer have free speech. Probably it's just easier to keep their controversial radio shows in the U.S., where we can still say what we think.
I understand Bridget Bardot just got fined in France (not the first time) for saying Moslems are destroying her country (by slaughtering sheep) because it was deemed to be hate speech.
I've heard that in Canada, ministers have to avoid certain passages of the Bible because they are deemed hate speech against gays. I think a minister in England did the same thing a year or so ago. He wasn't punished (except for having to go to court) but he had to promise not to speak out against homosexuality again.
So far we can still say homosexuality is a sin and that most modern terrorists are Moslem, most. It's free speech, not hate speech.
As our country becomes more liberal, we will probably lose our right to free speech, like it seems most of western civilization already has. I'm not pleased about the way the world has become. It's getting to be more and more "from each according to his abilities to each according to his needs"--Karl Marx.
Post a Comment
<< Home