Back to School
The kids have been off school for a three-day weekend because of Memorial Day. We've spent a lot of time playing with their friends, going to a rock shop, gardening, running/getting fixed a rock tumbler, fishing, and picking cherries.
N, J, and Mr. K are at Chick-Fil-A because it's their school's PTA's fundraiser night there. K is asleep, and I was able to convince Mr. K to take the kids since I so hate being in a fast food restaurant that is packed with elementary-aged kids. I at first suggested maybe we could just do the drive-through if I took them.
I made a cherry pie this afternoon with cherries from our sweet cherry tree. In general, we are beating the birds to them for the first time this year. I'm hoping it will be good.
I saw at the Trixie Clubhouse that there is a "You know you're Australian if..." thread. It was interesting, and quite obvious I'm not Australian. Pretty much I didn't understand most of it. I did learn that the Australian $1 coin is bigger than the $2 coin.
K and I had lunch again at El Toro Loco with my friend from my old job with whom I occasionally have lunch. We'll try to squeeze in one more lunch before N and J get out of school for he summer. I doubt I'll try to meet her for lunch when I've got three kids to manage.
I was able to take the row covers off my summer-type squashes. Some of them have begun to bloom. I planted my beans this weekend (soy, yellow wax, bush green, and pole green). I also got in my Swiss chard. I forgot what Mama P called it. I think it was silverbeet.
Since I'm not making it out for dinner, I guess I should go open a tin of kippered herring or sardines or something so I'll have some protein before I load up on pie.

4 Comments:
We all learn the word 'girt' because it's part of our national anthem "Our home is girt by sea" :-)
I enjoyed that thread, it's very true.
I also enjoyed reading that Anne (Debi) has finally left her DH. I was itching to tell her to dump him and stop letting him treat her so badly :-)
I hadn't caught the thread with Anne leaving her husband, but I've been too busy to spend a lot of time on the computer. I'll go look for that thread. As far as I can tell, Anne lives the closest to me of any active Clubhouse people. I'm glad she's done with her husband.
Oooh, pie! Tell us how it turned out. I love pie. Way too much.
I'm also glad that Anne is done with her husband. I think I've told her before that she should leave him. I hate hearing about abusive relationships. And she's so nice. I like her a lot.
The pie was fine. We'll make more later with the berries in the freezer.
Post a Comment
<< Home