None
We've had some hot weather. It's in the low 90s today. Tomorrow is supposed to be 101 °F, and Sunday something similar.
N and J had field day at school today. I think they played a bunch of outdoor games because of the heat, they only had it for 1 hour and 15 minutes outside in the morning. I think it originally was to last all morning. I had to send them to school wearing sunblock and with bottles of water.
I'm hoping the weather in Michigan will be a lot cooler than it is here when we go there. We leave a week from tomorrow. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it. I imagine it will be painful to fly with three children whose behavior is questionable. It will beat the 14 hours it would take if we drove.
I called my friend who is married to an Irish man. He never became a U.S. citizen, so I asked her if he's going to be able to vote on the EU constitution, which I think goes to a referendum next week. She said she doesn't think he's paying any attention to what's going on in Ireland so she doesn't think he's got any plans to see if he can vote.
My friend in Nebraska has a date for her divorce to be final. Her marriage is supposed to be over June 29. I need to find if Hallmark makes cards for such occasions. I imagine they do. I think she doesn't need the sympathy type. I'm looking more for a "Congratulations" type.
I've started making a packing list for my trip, but I'm sure I've missed a lot. I haven't been home since June 2005, three years ago. I don't think I've spent the night anywhere but the hospital (having K) and that camping trip we just took since then. I'm all out of packing practice.
I think the bulk of my raspberries will ripen while I am gone, and it looks like my summer squash may do the same. Mr. K doesn't like either. I think he will freeze the raspberries. I'm hoping he'll take the squash to work to unload them on people. Otherwise perhaps he will dump them in the compost pile.
I'll be gone for ten days, and I'm not sure how much I will be using the Internet while I am away.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home