Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fishing!

I spent part of the afternoon having a very good time fishing. These are the part of the catch I bothered to bring home. Their filleted bodies are sitting in water in my fridge. I'll cook the fillets tomorrow, and I imagine they'll be wonderful. J loves fresh fish, too.

I'm not sure why my fishing was successful today when usually all I get is small stuff I catch and release. Maybe it's because it hasn't rained in a while. Maybe it's because I bought Canadian crawlers to use as bait (nightcrawlers). Maybe it's because it was three in the afternoon but overcast. Even the fish that were smaller than these were feisty and put on a show, thrashing around in the water as I reeled them in.

I love fishing.

4 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

What a great catch. MrG, D and I love fish but S and L aren't so keen.
It's good that your river is clean enough that there's fish that you can actually eat.
We have a river about 20 mins away but it's filled with carp (an introduced species) which aren't very good eating :-(

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I think some people eat carp. I'd be willing to try it, but I don't imagine it's as good as bass. I don't think I'd be willing to eat fish from that creek every day. It's not on any warning list like parts of some rivers are. Possibly it's too small to bother.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great catch Angela, i like the idea of fishing but rarely have the patience :) once H gets bigger we will definately take him and hopefully catch some.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Carp isn't very nice. It's a bottom feeder and has a muddy taste. Some people take them out of the river and put them in clear water for a few weeks before eating them They are a pest and another example of people bringing animals into the country that eventually out number the local species..... Stupid people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home