None, general rambling.
The kids' friends came over for a couple hours this afternoon. I guess it kept them entertained. I have a friend with six kids, and the last two of hers are in the same grades as N and J. She dropped them off to play this afternoon. K ran around, trying to keep up with the big kids. They spent a bit of time on the computer, too, showing each other their Webkinz accounts.
I'm cooking a rabbit from the freezer for dinner. I'm making mashed potatoes and gravy to go with it. I think I'll run out to the garden and see if we have any green beans ready to add to the dinner.
Tomorrow is playgroup. I'll have to run out to the garden and see if I can round up any excess produce, because the ladies at playgroup will usually take my surplus.
I need to start buying school supplies for next school year. I noticed an ad for the first of the back-to-school sales in the paper last Sunday. School is barely out and its time to get supplies together again. Shopping for school supplies always makes me feel angry, bewildered, frustrated, and poor.

2 Comments:
Yum, rabbit. I love rabbit and we used to eat a lot of it before it became so expensive. It's stupid, rabbits are a pest so they bought in a disease to keep the populations down. It didn't work but we can no longer eat wild rabbit so now we have to farm them for food..... crazy
How do you cook yours?
What a shame that you can't eat your wild rabbits. What a waste of a perfectly good pest.
Rabbit from the store is expensive. We have rabbits Mr. K raises himself.
I sprinkle cut up rabbit pieces with pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Then I brown them in a non-stick pan in olive oil and butter. When brown, I pour in a can of chicken broth, add thyme and a bay leaf, lower the heat once it boils, and cover it. A while later (perhaps twenty to thirty minutes), I pull out the rabbit and bay leaf, raise the heat, and I pour in a flour/water slurry to thicken the cooking liquid, stirring constantly. Once it turns to gravy, I dump the rabbit pieces in and yell, "DINNER!" I serve it with mashed potatoes, egg noodles, rice, or biscuits.
I also occasionally cook chicken thighs the same way.
Post a Comment
<< Home