Monday, November 24, 2008

Chick-Fil-A Night, stupid digital TV

We dined at Chick-Fil-A tonight for the school's PTA fundraiser. The PTA gets a cut of the proceeds during a certain time period. In turn, they pack the place with students' families. It was noisy and miserable, but it wasn't as busy as last time we went, about two months ago. I don't know if it's the economy or just that we came right as the time began and left after 35 minutes. We might have come later last time.

TV stinks. I wanted to watch Terminator, The Sarah Connor Chronicles. My digital TV signal kept breaking apart because of the rain. I tried it in my bedroom on the analog TV with the converter box. The picture fell apart. I unplugged the #$%$# converter box, and put the rabbit ears directly back into the TV. I got a pretty good picture and watched it on analog TV. I don't know what we'll do early next year (February, I think) when the networks quit broadcasting in analog and it rains or the weather is otherwise odd. Sometimes windy weather breaks up the picture.

I hate the whole stupid digital TV thing, and I am so sorry the government has decided to do away with analog TV to use and sell the bandwith of the electromagnetic spectrum it will have once used. NO, I don't want to pay a regular fee to watch TV with less trouble. If I did, I'd already have cable or satellite. Fortunatly I listen to the radio a lot more than I watch TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home