Still snowed in
The sun came out today, which gave my yard a lot more color. The high stayed below freezing today, and our overnight low set a record. It might again tonight. Once again, school for tomorrow is canceled.
J is upset by being home for one more day. She's very bored. I've been reading to her from Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. We're on On the Shores of Silver Lake now. We've also played a lot of Clue when we can distract K. I think we played four games of it today.
Thursday, the weather will warm up significantly. By Saturday, the high will be 71 °F. The snow will melt off for the most part. I have some pea sprouts coming up in peat pellets. They should be planted in the ground, but it's far to cold now, and the ground is covered by snow. I expect to get them in the ground Thursday or Friday, depending on how fast the snow melts.


2 Comments:
Do you guys watch movies very often? A great movie for a snow day is Penelope, starring that girl from Casper. Jon and I sent a copy to our nieces at Christmas they watched it about 7 times in one week. Definitely a favorite for little girls! And me :) I highly recommend it if you are tired of entertaining bored children.
I haven't even heard of Penelope. I will see if our library has it. I haven't seen Casper, either. Kids are funny about watching the same movie over and over. Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home