Thursday, April 09, 2009

Real Estate in Michigan

http://greathomesanddestinations.nytimes.com/sales/mi-usa/PRICE-HIGH-sort/2330-p

I saw a link to some Michigan real estate. It started with multi-million dollar homes in the rich Detroit suburbs. I clicked for the last page listed, and I saw a cute house in Detroit for $950.

Things are so bad in the city of Detroit, that they are almost giving away houses. People are leaving Michigan, and there is no one left to fill the less desirable houses (or the houses in the less desirable areas).

I think there are certain upkeep requirements if you buy one of these houses, so I don't know how great a deal they really are, but I've never seen a house for sale for $950.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Why are people leaving Michigan en masse? It seems like most of my town is now populated with retired Michigan people. I was looking at a map in one of our local BBQ places and they let people from out of town put a pin in their city and the entire state of Michigan is covered in pins. It is kind of funny. I always thought Michigan was supposed to be a pretty state, so I wondered why people would want to come down here.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Angela said...

People are leaving Michigan en masse because they can't find work in Michigan.

Michigan is a beautiful state. The bulk of the economy was built on the auto industry or selling goods and services to the auto industry. The American auto industry is going down--killed by the auto unions mostly. It's not helping that people aren't buying new cars much with the economy so uncertain.

The car companies should have been allowed to go bankrupt last fall instead of President Bush's directing TARP money to GM and Chrysler. Bankruptcy would have allowed GM and Chrysler to renegotiate their union contracts to the point where they'd have hope of competing against the foreign car companies, which aren't as strangled by union contracts.

It looks like GM and Chrysler are headed for bankruptcy anyway, so first we got to spend our tax dollars on them to pay to bail them out last fall, and now we learn it will have been for nothing.

Someday perhaps Michigan can lure industry back to the state with their abundant water resources, which a lot of the country completely lacks. Meanwhile, I think they need to promote tourism to show off how beautiful the state is.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

y about this on our news. Some Aussies are buying the houses and hoping to eventually make a profit.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

That's supposed to say 'We had a story....'

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Holy cow thats cheap, you should do a post on that at the Cafe i think people would be interested, i am anyways. I can't believe how cheap they are, i'd buy one now lol if they'd let me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home